Friday, August 04, 2006
Lady K!'s Summer Jamz v.4.0 : HEAT WAVE EDITION!!
Ok!

For the first actual music related post here on The FunkyFunky 7, I figured I'd get things started out right with a x-posting of my latest "Summer Jamz" mixtape.

My "Summer Jamz" series is a total rip off of Stylus Magazine's annual feature. I made one at the beginning of the summer for the hell of it, and after that, started naming each subsequent mixtape I created as a new mix in that same series (because I'm lazy and uncreative!).

This particular mix is comprised mainly of more recent hip hop, electronic, and latin-tinged beat (salsa/funk carioca) type stuffs. Because it's HOT outside, and hot weather deserves even HOTTER music. It's fairly remix-heavy for a lady k! mixtape as well, which will please some of you, I'm sure. Also, you can probably tell from listening to it that I attended a Diplo show recently. I wear my influences on my sleeve, what can I say?

Download!


01. Tony Middleton - Return to Spanish Harlem
02. MC Mascote - Bate La Palme De Mao
03. Waguinho - Academia De Furacao I
04. Os Tchutchucos - Chapa Quente
05. Cansei De Ser Sexy - Let's Make Love (Diplo Dub Remix)
06. Bonde Do Role - Melo Do Tabaco (Bonjay Remix)
07. Sayag Jazz Machine - Flipper Down (Memories Mix By Co)
08. DJ Shadow - 3 Freaks (Feat Keak Da Sneak and Turf Tals)
09. Jazzconductor - I Used 2
10. Lupe Fiasco - I Gotcha
11. Robin Jones - Royal Marcha (Raj Gupta Remix)
12. Bazeado - Viva A Povo Brasileiro (Da Lata Remix)
13. The Gossip - Listen Up! (MSTRKRFT Relick)
14. Scissor Sisters - Don't Feel Like Dancing
15. Girl Talk - Bounce That
16. Teki Latex - Disco Dance With You (Spank Rock Remix feat. Amanda Blank)
17. Dizzee Rascal - Girls (feat Marga Man)
18. Rich Boy & Pitbull - When Niggaz Get To Poppin' (Remix)
19. Roots Manuva - Colassal Insight (Scratch Perverts Remix)
20. Beatconductor - Goes To My Head (feat. MC Lyte)


Posted by Lady K! : on Friday, August 04, 2006 at 6:52 AM |

 
 
The FunkyFunky 7 Are:
A group of kids with WAY too much time on their hands.
RSS
Feed
Recent
Archives